University of Central Florida (Present). Expected graduation 2021.
Texts & Technology doctoral student with a focus on digital humanities, critical librarianship, and information science.
University of South Florida (2006-2012)
Master of Arts in Library and Information Science. (2012)
Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communications (Public Relations). Minor in Classics. USF Honors College Graduate. (2010).
Indian River State College (2012-Present)
Emerging Technologies Librarian/Instructor
- Provides access and reference assistance to students and faculty through a variety of delivery methods.
- Teaches credit classes (LIS 1002, LIS 2004, LIS 2005) and non-credit instruction sessions that introduce students to current research techniques using library resources. Learning outcomes are 86% for credit courses, and approval rating for non-credit instruction is 97%.
- Assists in collection development, planning, and other reference team shared responsibilities.
- Creates instructional content and works to facilitate online education through the Virtual College using current and emerging technologies.
- Spearheaded the development of a Digital Literacy Lab through an IMLS Sparks! Ignition grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (2013), focused on mobile apps and their place in the active learning environment.
- Works as part of the library team to write and execute grant-funded projects, including the NEA Big Read, awarded for the 2016-2017 grant period.
- Assists in the management of IRSC’s instance of Islandora, an institutional repository and digital archive. Works with students to select, describe, and digitize items from the college archives and the community.
Other Professional Experience
Tampa Museum of Art (September 2010 – November 2012)
Visitor Services Representative
- Worked in a customer service capacity to provide an enjoyable visit to museum patrons during regular operating hours and special events.
- Scheduled tours for area educational groups and assisted the development department with membership processing and outreach.
- Created entries in an internal database, shelf read and performed other related tasks as a volunteer in the museum’s internal art library.
Girl Scouts of West Central Florida (2010-2012)
Staff Support (June 2010- November 2012)
- Supervised visiting organizations using conference rooms after hours and invoiced clients. Processed membership information with Personify.
Public Relations Intern (January-May 2010)
- Assisted in drafting press releases and public service announcements, analyzing marketing research and motioning clip reports. Also assisted in archive management for on-site collection.
University of South Florida Tampa Library
Special and Digital Collections Assistant (August 2011-June 2012)
- Created standards compliant metadata for the Robertson and Fresh Photography collection.
- Provided reference assistance to patrons in the Special Collections reading room.
- Created digital finding aids for special collections using Archon.
- Digitized special collections. Duties included scanning, image editing using Adobe Photoshop, performing subject analysis on images, creating standards compliant metadata, and uploading items using DSpace.
- Created posts for the department’s Facebook page.
WUSF Public Media (2011-2012)
HealthyState.Org Online Assistant (February 2012-May 2012)
- Assisted in the management of the grant-funded HealthyState.org website and coordinated social media marketing for Uniform Betrayal, Healthystate.org’s documentary.
Exhibit Coordinator (December 2011-February 2012)
- Managed the creation of a promotional plan for the 2012 STEM Video Game Challenge in the Tampa Bay Area, culminating in an event at University of South Florida’s Engineering EXPO. 1,200 students and community members attended presentations over the course of two days.
Archivist (August-October 2011)
- Created a complete inventory of WUSF Public Media’s archival media content for the grant-funded American Archive Inventory Project.
Palm Beach State College Summer Youth College (2009-2010)
Assistant and Adjunct Faculty
- Created college-style curriculum for students 5-13 for six week sessions. Created a promotional plan for the program and managed the creation and layout of a student-run yearbook.
- Served as a classroom assistant and facilitator for STEM and humanities courses designed for students 7-13 years old.